Saturday, February 21, 2015

Shhhhhhhhh... I Think Spring Is Just About Here

What the Robin Told
I believe this to be a Rose of Sharon

     The wind
     told the grasses,
       And the grasses 

       told the trees. 
         The trees
         told the bushes,
           And the bushes
           told the bees.
             The bees
             told the robin,
                And the robin
                sang out clear: 

Wake up! 
Wake up! 
Spring is here!  
(Unknown)


Hummingbirds love the flower of the honeysuckle.

Irises...and just about five feet from this is a little hen who escaped her confinement
and is now setting on a nest.
She sees me but I don't see her...
but I shall gather her egg this evening. 
Flax...A bouquet of beautiful blue flower petals last but one day
only to be reborn the next morning

Oriental Poppy.  Beautiful flame-red color with purple lavender
One lonely little tulip.  The chickens--free ranged--dug up all the crocus
and many of my tulips.
Sometimes weighing which I want--eggs or my flowers--is a hard, hard decision to make.

Daffodils are blooming in the Willamette Valley.
This is a promise that Spring is on its way to the high desert.

And peeking out of the Earth is this peony.


No comments:

Post a Comment