Friday, April 24, 2015

Yesterday is but a Memory but May 1, 2 and 3 are Tomorrow's Promises of More Good Things To Come


Central Oregon Master Gardeners Association... Gene and I thank COMGA for the excellent Spring Seminar they sponsored at the Deschutes Country Fairgrounds on April 18, 2015.   We were met at the door with several smiling and welcoming helpers who carried our products with gusto (I might add) to the ample space provided for our business as well as helped us in the set up.  We were constantly met with encouragement and assistance at every turn of the set-up and participation in the Spring Seminar.  The luncheon was delicious!  So much food; I ate more than I should (seems to be something I say too often).  Following are some of the photos taken at our booth.
Seminar classes are in session and Gene is talking with a lady he worked with years ago.  They were talking "old times". This photo is taken from the right of our booth looking left.  This is the front of the spacious area provided for us.  Plants, purses, wynesacs, pillows, moth repellents, sachets, lavender wands, lavender buds and lip balm are on the tables in front of Gene.  In the background is the rack holding (our son) Mike's beautiful scarves and the two styles--three pocket adjustable and harvest--aprons.  
Photo taken from the right of our booth looking to the left.  The green beer bucket holds lavender.  We provided a bucket and dark lavender organza bags for people who wanted to scoop their own lavender.  The shelf holds foodstuffs:  chocolate sauce (lavender, orange and peppermint), lavender syrup, marionberry preserves with lavender and organic honey infused with lavender.  

Underneath the bucket of 'Grosso' lavender were bags (4 ounces) of 'Grosso' lavender for people to purchase.  There are very few of these bags left as many were sold to customers making their own sachets.    A lady at the last Oregon Lavender Association meeting gave me this suggestion.  I learn so much from so many people and (if I have not thanked you before) thank you for all your suggestions and advice.
A couple of the printed linen (lined with muslin) pillows I made especially for sale at the Central Oregon Master Gardener Association Spring Seminar.


This is one of my favorite sayings.  William Morris was an English textile and wallcovering designer.  He is best known as the founder of the Arts and Crafts movement which began in England in the late 1800s.

I am working on this saying of only
having useful and/or beautiful things in my home.  I think it is one of those lifelong works-in-progress as far as it relates to me.  Also what my husband considers beautiful and what I consider beautiful are sometimes at odds with one another.  For instance, when he asked if he could put a dead elk head on my wall...

Kristi, my daughter, makes this wonderful lip balm.  (I have some of it on my lips right now.)  It is wonderfully soothing and quite reasonably priced.


As quickly as the COMGA Spring Seminar began, it ended.  COMGA members came up to us, helped us load the products into the car and pickup, dismantled the tables and waved good-bye as we drove off.  We made many good memories of this Seminar and look forward to next year.  But... in just a few weeks, 

Still Waters Lavender will be attending the 2015 Central Oregon Builders Association Spring Home and Garden Show, May 1, 2, and 3, 2015 also being held at the Deschutes County Fair and Expo Center in Redmond, Oregon.  

We attended this show last year and, it was such a good show, we signed up for another three-day event.  We hope to see you there and, should you come, please come by our booth and let us know you saw this on our web site.

We make you kindly welcome.

http://www.connectiondepot.com/oregon/bend-redmond-sunriver/coba-spring-home-and-garden-show/

No comments:

Post a Comment